Position Title: Shipping Clerk
Reports To: Receiving Supervisor
Date: April 19, 2021
KSP Fulfillment is a Veteran Owned, culture-driven organization which places a high level of trust and respect on our employees. Our operational processes are formed around our core values of integrity, respect, team empowerment, collaboration, continuous improvement, and quality. Each KSP employee is focused on achieving our company vision and Doing the Right Things for our customers.
Shipping Clerk oversees and keeps records of all shipping. More specifically, they are responsible for organizing, sorting, and transferring goods from one location to another. They monitor company packages from the start to finish, ensuring proper packing techniques and shipping practices. Shipping Clerks also update inventory records and compile weekly or monthly reports for the management. The role of a Shipping Clerk also extends to taking care of customer requests and complaints.
- Adhere to the Core Values of KSP Fulfillment
- Responsible for understanding all processes in operations to ensure quality services
- Ensure that all work performed follows required Quality Control (QC) processes
- Ensure ISO 9001:2008 compliant quality is achieved
- Complete and maintain required paperwork for shipments including Bills of Lading, Customs Documentation.
- Communication with Brokerage and carriers to ensure on-time pick-ups and delivery
- Obtain and process product orders, including receiving deliveries, registering them, and distributing packages and letters within the company
- Maintain the company stockroom through organizing, cleaning, and cataloging items on a regular basis
- Keep files of goods shipped and received by preparing regular shipping and receiving reports for managers
- Troubleshoots shipping issues and customer complaints that arise and work to solve them
- Place merchandise in a warehouse or storage facility by packaging, lifting items as necessary, operating forklifts and pallet jacks for large goods
- Resolve carrier disputes
- Reconcile carrier invoices
- Schedule Pick Up and Delivery Appointments, maintain a calendar of these appointments.
- Assist in cycle counting and periodic physical inventories
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area; comply with all safety and quality policies
- Safe and efficient operation of all Material Handling Equipment
- Assist other team members to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Respectful and non-threatening treatment of others
- Process returns for items.
- Maintain records of delivery schedules, orders, and other details.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- 2-years of warehouse experience preferred
- 1-year of receiving and/or inventory management experience
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions
- Computer skills, including intermediate level MS Excel
- Excellent math, reading, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Forklift certification or ability to become forklift certified (Forklift, Order Picker, Reach, Rider)
- Ability to lift/move up to 40 pounds solo and greater weights in a team lift environment
- Physical requirements include: Lifting, carrying, bending, stretching, walking, and standing for long periods of time
- Willingness to work weekends and/or extra hours as business needs require.
Apply for an Open Position
Phone (763) 296-1288
5100 Main St NE Suite 1100
Fridley, MN 55421